Days With Daniel

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Fine Art of Conversation

I have always been a huge fan of conversation. I would rather sit around and talk than almost anything else I can think of. In fact, I spent years of my life sitting for hours and hours in assorted coffee houses and all night diners doing nothing but talking and smoking cigarettes. I keep a handful of friends who I can always count on for good conversation on any topic you could imagine. So, imagine my delight when I discovered that I can actually converse with Daniel!

It's not, of course, profoundly deep conversation. Said conversations don't last very long. And, of course, there are no coffee pots or cigarettes involved. It's more fun than I could possibly describe, though. Here are some examples:

Daniel: Have a boo boo. (sadly)
Me: Where?
Daniel: (shows me the boo boo)
Me: Oh no, are you going to be okay?
Daniel: Yeah.
Me: That's good.
Daniel: Yeah, good.

Daniel: Mommy?
Me: Yes Baby?
Daniel: Where Daddy go?
Me: He's at work.
Daniel: No Sleepy?
Me: Nope, not sleeping.
Daniel: Oh. Daddy work. Yeah.

Daniel: Momma, I love you.
Me: Oh, sweetie I love you too.
Daniel: alright!
Me: Who else do you love?
Daniel: Daddy and Nanny and Papa and Jay and Nemo and Aunt Nana and Papa and Papa and Puppies.
Me: Wow that's a lot of people.
Daniel: Yeah, oh yeah.
Me: Who does Mommy love?
Daniel: Baby
Me: That's right and who does Daddy love?
Daniel: Baby
Me: Who does Baby love?
Daniel: Daniel! Ha Ha Ha

Right now is just too much fun!

Oh, and we did end up at Nanny and Papa's house for the July 4th festivities. Good food and good company. Daniel didn't care much about the fireworks and was much more interested in the rain and puddles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home