Days With Daniel

Monday, July 03, 2006

Awkward First Entry

After much poking and proding, I've finally gotten around to starting a blog about our adventures with Daniel. I'm infamously bad at keeping up with things and I'm sure this project will fall along the wayside with so many others, but I promise I'll try.

I've been given quite a bit of advice on what to write and how to step into the "blogger" world. One of the most helpful was to write 100 things about me, Daniel, and our life as a first entry. Here goes:

1. Daniel is almost 2 years old.
2. I can't wait for the terrible two's; I think it will be hysterical.
3. He is our only child.
4. He has made our lives so full, he might just stay an only.
5. Then, again, sometimes I want a little girl so she can grow up and be my best friend the way my mom was mine.
6. I miss my mom and I'll probably write about that frequently.
7. I'm a stay at home mom and I adore it.
8. Daniel's Dad is working and looking for a new job in law enforcement.
9. Yes, I'm okay with being married to a cop.
10. I get asked that a lot.
11. Daniel has this amazing thick, curly, red hair.
12. When the sun hits it, it's like his whole head catches fire.
13. He gets it from both sides of the family.
14. I get asked that one a lot, too.
15. Mine is red, too.....from a bottle.
16. I'm told my hair was just like his when I was little.
17. It looks thin, straight, and brown in pictures.
18. Before I got pregnant I wanted to be a Social Worker.
19. That's what my degree is in.
20. I'll probably go back to that when Daniel starts school.
21. Unless I actually go back for my Master's the way I keep saying I will.
22. We all know I won't. ;)
23. We are always doing some kind of project to our house.
24. Less because we want to and more because we have to.
25. We love our house, though.
26. It originally belonged to my Grandparents and has always felt like home to me.
27. I took my first steps here.
28. Daniel did not.
29. He took his first steps at his Grandparent's house.
30. He loves his Nanny & Papa.
31. He can't get enough Papa.
32. We can get him to do pretty much anything if the end result is getting to see Papa.
33. We try not to abuse that power.
34. Daniel is talking like crazy.
35. He says so many funny things, it's hard to remember them all.
36. I try to write it all down.
37. I say that I scrapbook, but in reality I haven't done any scrapbooking in 2 years.
38. I do take a lot of pictures, though.
39. I just put them all in albums now.
40. I am going to start scrapbooking again as soon as I get organized.
41. Really! I am!
42. I'm not an organized person.
43. I think my life would be easy as pie if I could just figure the whole organization thing out.
44. And Math.
45. I love to travel.
46. Well, that's not exactly accurate...........I love hotels.
47. Daniel is such a good traveler.
48. He adjusts to new things unbelievably well.
49. I think it's because we've never been very structured.
50. You know, the whole unorganized thing again.
51. I love to read.
52. I don't really care what I'm reading.
53. I tend to gravitate toward murder mysteries.
54. I get that from my mom.
55. Lately, I've been into non-fiction.
56. I would love to read The Bible start to finish.
57. And really understand it.
58. It's a daunting task.
59. I've read a lot of books about The Bible.
60. I hope Daniel enjoys reading as much as I do.
61. So far he enjoys being read to.
62. And just playing with books.
63. I need to sit down and read with him more.
64. I don't have an IPod
65. I can't think of anytime I would use one.
66. I haven't once picked up Dan's and used it.
67. He uses his all the time.
68. He really gets into what songs he wants and how he wants them.
69. We have totally different tastes in music.
70. Daniel likes both.
71. I like Daniel's music, too.
72. I listen to his Backyardigans and Curious George CDs without him.
73. I've caught Dan singing stuff from Noggin and Dora in the shower.
74. Sometimes we sing it together without Daniel around.
75. Then we laugh at how much Daniel has changed our lives.
76. Daniel seems to have a preference for Disco and Salsa music.
77. He really likes The White Stripes, though.
78. That's one of maybe 5 bands Dan and I agree on.
79. I've come to appreciate the musical influences of my parents since they've been gone.
80. In fact, I'm listening to Charlie Rich right now.
81. Picturing my Dad doing the twist in the backyard on a Sunday afternoon.
82. I hate that Daniel will never know him.
83. And try not to dwell on how much he's missing out on.
84. I'm an only child.
85. Dan is not.
86. He has a younger brother.
87. They are very close and make me seriously think about having another child.
88. Then I think about how wonderful my childhood was and the unique relationship I had with my parents.
89. Then I decide to stop thinking about it for now.
90. I'll know what to do when the time comes.
91. Right?
92. I don't really eat meat.
93. It's not a lifestyle or anything........I just don't like the taste.
94. I'm trying not to impose it onto Daniel.
95. It's working so far.
96. He seems to like a good variety of foods, even though he isn't always a good eater.
97. Daniel is much more curious than most kids I've known.
98. He loves to explore and question his surroundings.
99. Even as a newborn he always seemed to be studying things.
100. Wow, I honestly didn't think I'd come up with 100 things. (I know I was stretching pretty far on most!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home